King George V Playing Field
KING GEORGE V PLAYING FIELD
The KGV playing field has been in the ownership of the Parish Council since 1937. Over the years various areas and play equipment have been introduced to the park.
<-- Before Re-Development
In order to make the park more attractive to the current users of the park, and to encourage more of our community members to use the facilities, a refurbishment was completed in 2017. A teen area which includes a brand new multi sports area, a titan swing and a youth shelter was introduced. The older children also have the use of a BMX track located on the playing fields as well as using the football pitch for training and games. To complement the teen area we have the younger children’s play area with more up to date and stimulating play equipment which will encourage our younger community and families to use the park more for sport and play. We have also installed a perimeter path and trim trail which provides an exercise route for all age groups with the end result of providing a park that connects the community.
After Re-Development -->
The Parish Council asked children from the 2 local schools, Hall Orchard and Humphrey Perkins for suggestions for improvements and ideas for play equipment to be used Play Area during a Consultation at the Parish Council Offices.