The Cotes Road Cemetery was dedicated on March 30th, 1895 and the first burial of Mrs Fanny Jacques took place on 21 April 1895. The care and maintenance of the Cemetery Chapel and Grounds remains in the hands of the Parish Council and it was decided to light, heat and decorate this lovely Victorian building to bring it back into use for our parishioners.
The Garden of Remembrance was added at a later date for the interment of ashes. Two more rows have been added in 2019 to accommodate demand.
Plans are in progress to purchase the field next door to the cemetery in order to extend. This will be a major project for the Parish Council over the next few years.